Position: Accounts Payable/Payroll/Accounts Receivables
Location: Medicine Hat News
The successful candidate will have a proven track record commitment providing exceptional customer service to clients and readers alike.
• Inputting invoices into payables system
• Semimonthly payable runs for carriers, employee expenses, contractors and vendors
• General administrative support for accounts receivable, posting of payments, adjustments & contacting past due accounts
• Balancing cash and writing up bank deposits
• Payroll Clerk, processing of employees’ paychecks by collecting their payroll data and timesheets. Their duties include verifying employees’ work hours and payment through the payroll system, issuing deductions, earnings and other statements to employees and updating payroll records regularly. Year end for T4’s & T220 slips
• Proficient in Word and Excel programs
• Previous cash, familiarity with accounting processes, experienced required
The ideal candidate should be organized and detail oriented, efficient in multi-tasking, meeting deadlines and work well independently and with a team. This office is responsible for the administration of multiple newspapers and the above duties apply to all.
This is a part time position, with full benefits and pension after a three month probationary period.
All qualified applicants should apply with cover letter and resume by Friday, Oct 22, 2021
Medicine Hat News
3257 Dunmore Rd SE
Medicine Hat, AB
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All applicants are thanked in advance for their interest. Please no phone calls or drop ins