ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT – Job Posting
“Piikani Youth and Education Foundation is a not-for-profit organization that serves Piikani Nation Members by fulfilling the mandate set out in the Piikani Trust Agreement. The mandate includes the development and implementation of policies for scholarships, grant, awards and other financial assistance to Piikani Nation Members pursuing adult education and post secondary education on and off-the Piikani Reserve; and to provide and assist in leadership programs and services for Piikani Nation Members and to acquire additional funding for education from other public and private sources.”
Reporting directly to the Manager, the Administrative Assistant provides Administrative support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Administrative Assistant serves as the primary point of contact, being the liaison to the PYEF Manager and Board of Directors.
The Administrative Assistant will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills. The Administrative Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Post Secondary Certificate or Diploma in Office Administration and/or 3 years experience or more
• Administrative experience, preferably in a non-profit organization.
• Candidates must have Valid Class 5 Drivers License and reliable transportation
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Manager & PYEF Board Members including but not limited to: completing and managing personnel & financial files.
• Communicates directly with Piikani Nation Members, and on behalf of the PYEF Manager Coordinator and Board Members on matters related to PYEF programs, criteria & initiatives.
• Works closely and effectively with the Manager to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
• Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects and events for the Manager & PYEF Board Members.
• Participates in preparing for monthly Board Meetings & committee meetings on and off-site, attending all meetings; recording the minutes and action items.
• Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
• Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with PYEF office, Staff & PYEF Board Members.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks.
• Expert written and verbal communication skills, with excellent attention to detail.
• Demonstrates proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
• Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion and demonstrate the highest
level of customer/client service and response.
• Proficient in current software use, data base use and Social Media web platforms.
• Ability to travel for board meetings, work evenings and weekends when required.
Application Deadline 4:00 pm Friday, September 15, 2017
PYEF would like to thank all interested applicants,
only applicants meeting qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
Candidates please forward a cover letter with resume credentials & 2 reference letters to:
Piikani Youth & Education Foundation
Box 3179, Brocket, AB, T0K0H0
Email: email@example.com • Fax: 1.888.467.8081