The Oldman River Regional Services Commission is currently accepting applications for the position of full-time Executive Assistant.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support to the Director, professional planning, GIS staff and the Board/Executive Board.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
•Provides an advanced level of administrative support.
• Prepares correspondence and documentation for signature, ensuring a level of communication appropriate given the audience, adherence to commission standards and proofreading materials for consistency, grammar and spelling.
• Gathers, compiles, and analyzes background information on a variety of issues used in planning, decision-making and the preparation of presentation materials, briefing notes and project updates.
• Aides in Assessment Review Board and Subdivision and Development Appeal Board hearings
• Manages the flow of information within the office:
• Ensures general filing maintenance
• Provides telephone support to a high client service standard and acts independently to handle calls.
• Prioritizes incoming email/telephone/mail inquiries and coordinates a timely response.
• Maintains action lists as required to ensure timely resolution.
• Plans, coordinates and organizes meetings, teleconferences, conferences, special events, and visits.
• Records, publishes and maintains meeting minutes as required in accordance with legislation and policy.
• Records minutes for Executive, Board and/or committee/staff meetings
• Provides leadership, advice and support to other staff on general office administration procedures such as correspondence principles and practices, brand standards, writing standards, filing, etc.
• Performs desktop publishing/editing tasks for correspondence, documents, manuals, and plans
• Recommends changes to improve office procedures.
• Supports Executive and Board functions and performs related duties as required.
Qualifications, abilities and skills
The minimum level of education required by this position is a diploma in office administration and a minimum five years administrative management experience. Must be able to maintain confidentiality. This position requires excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and public relations skills in order to communicate effectively and diplomatically with the public, elected officials, external authorities and organizations, and staff. In addition, this position must contribute effectively to a team environment, be able to work independently, be organized and able to prioritize the use of time and work assignments to meet conflicting priorities and shifting deadlines. A high proficiency in Microsoft Office/Adobe Acrobat applications along with a demonstrated high standard of accuracy, attention to detail and ability to work under pressure, despite regular interruptions, is required. Extended hours may be required to meet urgent deadlines.
The Oldman River Regional Services Commission offers a competitive salary package, and an incredible work environment.
If you are interested in this dynamic position, please forward your resume electronically by June 3, 2022 to:
Lenze Kuiper, Director
Oldman River Regional Services Commission –
3105 – 16th Avenue North, Lethbridge, Alberta T1H 5E8
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (403) 329-1344
The Oldman River Regional Services Commission provides municipal planning & GIS services to 41 urban and rural municipalities from our centrally located office in Lethbridge, Alberta and more information regarding the Commission may be found at www.orrsc.com
We thank those individuals who submit applications; however, only those contacted for an interview will receive a reply.