KAINAI BOARD OF EDUCATION
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES SY-2016-2017
The Kainai Board of Education school system has available four (3) positions: (1) Associate Principal, (1) REPOST- Operation Maintenance, and (1) Math Specialist
1. Kainai Board of Education
Math Specialist = (1) Position
• Bachelor’s degree ( Master’s Degree preferred)
• Must have an valid Alberta Permanent Teaching Certificate, Mathematics subject area concentration
• Minimum of 3 years teaching experience
• The Mathematics Specialist works with Administrators, classroom teachers, special educators staff to implement quality mathematics instruction for students who need mathematics support within and beyond their classroom.
• The Specialist is responsible for delivering a mathematics program designed to meet students’ needs and providing staff development or addition support services.
• Should be well familiar with issues affecting Native education
2. Saipoyi Elementary School* REPOST*
Operation and Maintenance = (1) Position
• Minimum of High school designation or equivalent
• A minimum of at least two or more years of experience in related field
• Must be willing Perform heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass, and removing rubbish
• Ability to operate equipment ( tractor, lawn mower ect.) mandatory
• A minimum requirement of two or more of years of experience in commercial/ industrial practices
3. Tatsikiisaapo’p Middle School
Associate Principal = (1) Positions
• M.Ed. or in progress.
• Must have an accredited Alberta Permanent Teaching Certificate.
• Minimum five (5) years work-related experience.
• Knowledge of all subject areas.
• A thorough knowledge of High School programming including evidence based research and best practice.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
• Exceptional organizational skills and a high degree of flexibility.
• Be familiar with Alberta Distance Learning Centre.
• Knowledge and understanding of the Kainayssini / Blackfoot language and culture.
Applications MUST contain the following: Cover letter, Resume, Three (3) Reference Letters, and Current Criminal Record Check & CYIM Check.
To: Kainai Board of Education c/o Human Resources Director, Box 240, Standoff, AB TOL1Y0
or E-mail: email@example.com for further information call (403) 737-3966
Human Resources Deadline: Friday, April 28, 2017 @ 3:00 p.m.
* Late Applications will not be accepted & only those contacted will be interviewed.
* Detailed job announcements for each position can be obtained from KBE Human Resources.