LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE
DEPARTMENT: LONG TERM CARE – NURSING REPORTING TO: REGISTERED NURSE
Provides clinical nursing services within his/her scope of practice to the residents of Kainai Continuing Care – Long Term Care upon the delegation of the Registered Nurse.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs required nursing care for residents as delegated from the Registered Nurse.
• Confers and shares information with multidisciplinary health care team, as appropriate, to ensure continuum of care.
• Participates in staff meetings and scheduled in services.
• Participates in shift change report.
• Cooperates and participates in the planning and implementation of joint projects, design review and evaluation of existing programs, and future
• Attends professional meetings, conferences and workshops to maintain knowledge base and skills, as department resources permit.
• Maintains confidentiality of client records and up-to-date charting on all interventions.
• Participates in the maintenance of a quality improvement environment throughout the organization such as the BTDH Accreditation status can be maintained.
• Participate in the process that will seek resident input and feedback with respect to service quality.
• Participates in the planning and implementation of joint projects, design review and evaluation of existing program and future planning.
• Graduate of approved Practical Nurse program with current license.
• Current registration with College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Alberta • Other certifications/competencies as required by registering body and as required by program/department.
• Current CPR certification, to be re-certified annually.
• Current First Aid certification, to be re-certified every three years.
• Minimum of three to five years of experience in related clinical area. • Minimum of three years’ experience in nursing.
• Current basic and advanced foot care certification.
• Shall be mature, flexible, pleasant, and exercise a high degree of initiative and judgment.
• Must have necessary communication and interpersonal skills to provide effective interaction between all persons, including co-workers.
• Must act with integrity and treat all information regarding residents, physicians, staff and financial and operational status of the organization as confidential.
• Ability to function independently and effectively in a multidisciplinary team. • Application of proper body mechanic principles.
• Able to set priorities in the face of multiple demands.
• Assumes responsibility to maintain or improve personal health and well-being.
• Able to provide and receive constructive feedback.
• Able to sit, walk, transfer, lift, carry equipment and supplies.
• In accordance with BTDH salary grid.
Deadline for Application: September 21, 2018 by 4:00 p.m.:
Please forward a Letter of Application, Resume, Drivers Abstract, Criminal Record Check and Three (3) updated references to:
Blood Tribe Department of Health Inc. c/o: Kara Russell
Manager of Human Resources P.O. Box 229
STANDOFF, AB T0L 1Y0