The Bow River Irrigation District is looking for a Maintenance Foreman. This position will be for 5 days (40 hours) per week.
• Overseeing regular maintenance of the district:
• Communicating with ditch riders regarding maintenance requirements in their areas
• Being familiar with rehabilitation work being proposed in the district
• Submit maintenance needs for the annual winter works program
• Project management
• Overseeing pipeline construction:
• Ensuring first calls have been done
• Coordination of materials
• Supervision of labourers and equipment operators
• Pre-job planning
• Managing crossing agreements
The successful candidate will have:
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and leadership skills
• Ability to adapt to changing circumstances during construction
• Ability to read and interpret construction drawings
• Familiarity with safety regulations and a strong safety ethic
The BRID offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits including paid vacation and sick leave, comprehensive medical and dental coverage, as well as participation in the Local Authorities Pension Plan.
It would be considered an asset for the candidate to have a Class 1 driver’s license as well as the ability to operate various types of heavy equipment.
The closing date for receipt of applications will be at 4:30 p.m. on Friday, April 16, 2021. Those interested in applying for the position should submit resumes to:
Bow River Irrigation District
Box 140 • Vauxhall, AB, T0K 2K0
Phone: (403)-654-2111 •Fax: (403)-654-4197
We thank all who apply,
however, only those we wish to interview will be contacted.