Goodyear, one of the world’s largest tire companies, employs about 66,000 people and strives to develop and manufacture
state-of-the-art products and services in 49 facilities in 22 countries around the world and it wishes to fi ll the following
job openings in its Medicine Hat facility.
MANAGER, HUMAN RESOURCES
The HR manager contributes to the attainment of operational objective of the plant including the development and
application of strategies surrounding safety, staffi ng, labor relations, job evaluations and training.
• Develop progressive HR policies for the plant that are in compliance with company policy and
with applicable provincial and federal legislation including the development of key HR performance
• Plan, organize, and negotiate the plant’s collective labor agreement. Ensures the effective
administration of the agreement and of company policies.
• Maintain a positive working relationship with union leadership.
• Manage, improve and recognize the daily work of the HR team that is composed of 2 HR specialists.
• Ensure prioritization of various daily activities of the department in order to provide exemplary
service to internal clients of the plant.
• Advise and support departmental managers in meeting their objectives and provide support in the
management of HR concerns.
• University bachelor degree in Human Resources or in Industrial Relations.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar position.
• Excellent interpersonal and managerial skills with the ability to work in a team environment and
with all levels of the plant organization.
• In depth knowledge of employment law.
PROCESS SPECIALIST (CHEMICAL)
The process specialist is responsible for ensuring the integrity of products and quality systems including the development
of manufacturing specifi cations for rubber compounds, materials and mixing. The process specialist is also responsible for
driving customer satisfaction of products through continuous improvement of control systems and procedures.
• Develop and maintain compound formulations including manufacturing specifi cations.
• Evaluate processing issues and implement solutions.
• Assist in auditing for compliance.
• Assist in the reduction of material cost and waste through formulation and processing improvements.
• Improve and deploy FMEA and DVP & R for material, compound, process and equipment changes.
• Bachelor of science degree in chemistry or chemical engineering.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Demonstrated ability to utilize cause and effect analysis based on quantifi able data and experience.
• Experience with mixing of compound, calendering of treatment and extrusion components.
• Familiarity with Quality systems.
MILLWRIGHT AND STEAMFITTER/PIPEFITTER
The millwright and steamfi tter/pipefi tter are responsible for inspecting and resolving equipment maintenance problems.
Performs curative and preventive tasks on the majority of the plant’s equipment.
• Must have an Alberta Journeyman Certifi cate.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Must be available to work on 8-hour or 12-hour rotating shifts.
Goodyear offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefi ts package.
Candidates that are interested in one of the above positions can submit their resume in confi dence before June 8, 2017 to
the following address or can submit by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Goodyear Canada Inc.• Human Resources Department • 1271 12th Street NW
Medicine Hat, Alberta, T1C 1W8 • Fax: 403-528-4848
Goodyear is an equal opportunity employer, please, no phone calls, drop-ins or agencies.