Village of Foremost
The Village of Foremost is currently seeking an individual for the position of Public Works Foreman.
The Public Works Foreman is an individual that has received the mandated level of training to operate the water treatment and distribution system and the wastewater collection and treatment system. This individual is also responsible for operation of recreation facilities such as outdoor swimming pool, parks/campground, care and operation of cemetery, as well as public works staff supervision and direction for the Village of Foremost.
Class 1 Water Distribution Operators Certificate
Class 1 Water Treatment Operators Certificate
Class 1 Wastewater Collection Operators Certificate
Class 1 Wastewater Treatment Operators Certificate
Valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s License
Pesticide Applicators License
Required Skills and Abilities:
• The position involves on-call weekends and evenings
• Must be willing to work overtime if needed for emergencies
• Experience working with water treatment/distribution and wastewater treatment/collection in a municipal environment or related industry would be an asset
• Ability to organize, co-ordinate and supervise skilled or unskilled workers
• Ability to establish and maintain effective and professional working relationships with the public, employees and representatives of other agencies
• Proficient operation and coordination of all Village equipment and vehicles including but not limited to the following: single axle dump truck, grader, mowers, tractors, garbage truck
• Ability to respond to various tasks as requested or required
• Ability to work closely with Municipal Administrator and Village Council
• Understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulation and Code. Ability to follow safe work practices, as outlined by the municipality, Workers Compensation Board, and other governing bodies
• Must reside within the Village of Foremost
• Skills in contract/project management would be an asset
• Ongoing training and development are a part of this position.
PLEASE SEND APPLICATIONS VIA EMAIL TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
OR IN PERSON AT THE VILLAGE OFFICE.
PLEASE INCLUDE A COVER LETTER, RESUME AND COPY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Thank you for your interest, however, only selected candidates will be contacted for interviews and the position will remain posted until a suitable candidate is found.
301 Main Street, PO Box 159, Foremost, Alberta T0K 0X0
Telephone: (403) 867-3733 • Fax: (403) 867-2031; email email@example.com