The Good Samaritan Society
The Good Samaritan South Ridge Village,
550 Spruce Way SE, Medicine Hat, Alberta
Do you love working with seniors?
We are looking for a dynamic individual with a desire to direct and mentor
staff to ensure resident focused care is appropriate and implemented,
promoting departmental activities to maintain high quality resident care.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, you will be responsible for
providing management oversight of care and services while managing
a multi-disciplinary team of health care staff at South Ridge Village.
You will lead, inspire and coach employees to excellence.
Develops and manages the annual budget including monthly variance
Effective and effi cient allocation of staff resources, to ensure quality
care is delivered;
Maintains standards of care and create action plans to address quality
improvement and risk management issues;
Ensures the completion of resident care plans and Manage staff
performance including performance reviews, coaching, training and
What you Bring!
• Graduation from an approved School of Nursing, with a
• Current active registration with CARNA
• Five years management experience
• Five years of general nursing experience and three years in LTC or
Supportive Living (knowledge of geriatric and long term/Supportive
Living care issues)
• Gerontology certifi cation (preferred)
• Excellent communication (oral, written and presentation),
interpersonal, problem solving and decision making skills
• Proven ability to manage confl ict, supervise, support, guide and
• Proven ability to work independently and exercise considerable
judgement and initiative in performing duties
All new employees are required to submit:
• a current and clear Criminal Record Check and if applicable, a
Vulnerable Sector Check that has been obtained no more than
90 calendar days prior to the hire date;
• a tuberculosis screening that has been completed no more than
12 months prior to the hire date.
Please visit http://hrnet.gss.org to apply online Competition # HAT.18.051
or forward your covering letter and resume to: email@example.com