Lethbridge Soup Kitchen Association Position Description: Executive Director
The Executive Director is responsible for serving as the face of the organization internally and externally in Lethbridge and area. They will report to the Board of Directors and will lead the organization in the
listed Roles & Responsibilities.
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Staff and Volunteers
3. Financial Management
• work closely with the Treasurer and staff to meet fiscal responsibilities including paying bills, keeping a record of all receipts and payments of accounts using a duplicate receipt book, accept monetary donations and make deposits on behalf of the Lethbridge Soup Kitchen.
monitor recording process to determine value of donated food to ensure compliancy with CRA
monitor the inventory control system
review contracts annually and discuss with Board as needed
work with the Finance Committee to develop an annual operating budget.
4. Fund Development
• coordinate and participate in the solicitation of funding from foundations, churches,
businesses, individuals, and through fundraising events in consultation with the Board
• ensure the successful management of the donor database, acknowledgement letters, and other donor related administrative activities.
5. Public Relations
6. Board Relations
• work with the Board President to prepare for board meetings
building in conjunction with the Board
Lethbridge Soup Kitchen Executive Director Position Qualifications
– A bachelors degree with a minimum of 3 years of non-profit management experience or
– Two years of post secondary training with 5 years of non-profit management experience
– Other combinations of education & experience may be considered on a case by case basis
Skills, Abilities and Attitude
– Strong interpersonal communication skills; high-energy, proactive and self-starting administrator with the disposition to work in a high-paced environment.
– Team player who will be a constructive and collegial partner to the board, staff and external stakeholders; demonstrated experience in delegating.
-Proven writing, editing and oral communication skills.
– Availability to attend meetings and events outside of normal business hours.
– Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.) and financial software is required.
– Proficiency with database platforms preferred.
– Understanding and passion for the organization’s mission; empathy and compassion for those living in poverty.
– The applicant must become certified within 90 days of hire with an Alberta government approved food safety course at the Lethbridge Soup Kitchen’s expense.
Submit a resume and cover letter by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 9th, 2017. Attention: Sue Huffman, President, Lethbridge Soup Kitchen Association. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.