SouthGrow Regional Initiative was formed in 2003 and is a member-driven,volunteer- supported, not-for-profit Regional Economic Development Alliance for south-central Alberta. SouthGrow encompasses twenty-four communities with a total population of approximately 70,000. It also includes the City of Lethbridge as an Associate Partner. SouthGrow encourages collaboration, focuses on regional economic development and ensures the region has equal opportunity for growth and development.
- Representing Southgrow at all meetings and events as appropriate;
- Coordination, management, and administrative functions of the office;
- Leading assigned projects to completion in a timely manner;
- Assisting in the achievement of the deliverables included in the Board’s operational and business plan;
- Working independently within established guidelines and practices; and
- Developing and maintaining relationships with our many regional partners and council memberships.
• Developing, implementing, and managing specific initiatives defined in the organizations operational plan;
The SouthGrow Regional Initiative Manager is responsible for,
The SouthGrow Manager Position includes, but is not limited to,
• Managing resources effectively and in a fiscally responsible manner as approved by the Board;
- Working with the Board Chair to ensure efficient Board and Committee meetings;
- Attending meetings of the Board and Committees; take, transcribe and distribute meeting minutes as required; and
• Providing administrative services to the organization.
The successful candidate should have a post-secondary degree or diploma in Business, and/or substantial related experience which will include 3+ years of experience in the field of Economic Development.. Experience in a not-for-profit or municipal government area is desirable particularly in writing effective grant requests
• Well-developed project management skills as well as budget/financial accounting & management experience;
- Excellent organizational skills with thorough attention to detail.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement and multi-task various projects in response to opportunities and issues.
- Excellent meeting management and team building skills to work effectively with others internally and externally.
- Initiative and self-starter qualities, ability to work alone or to lead other team members. Excellent time management skills.
- Good understanding of community and regional economic development challenges, issues, opportunities, and tools.
- High degree of professionalism. Ability to work with senior elected officials, business leaders, and key stakeholders.
- Strong computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, and various databases).
Interested applicants are invited to email their cover letter and a qualified resume
along with three (3) references to email@example.com by 4pm on NOVEMBER 28, 2017. SouthGrow thanks all applicants, however only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.