The Town of Taber Police department is currently recruiting to fill a Permanent Full-time Communications Operator position. This position performs a variety of duties related to the dispatch of emergency services and also provides support for the Police department. This position falls within the scope of C.U.P.E. Local 2038.
• Dispatches all emergency services such as fire and police. Maintains a record of all emergency dispatches.
• Responds to 911 calls and directs/assists the public while following Emergency Fire Dispatch and Emergency Police Dispatch procedures.
• Monitors and tests all emergency communication systems.
• Greets customers and receives telephone calls. Determines the purpose of the request and provides or obtains the necessary information or refers to the appropriate personnel.
• Prepares and processes records, such as reports, court documents, correspondence, warrants, subpoenas, etc.
• Organizes and maintains filing systems.
• Distributes incoming mail and processes outgoing mail.
• Enters data and performs queries into computer systems, such as PROS, CPIC and JOIN.
• Performs other related duties such as compiling statistics, quality assurance checks for computer data entry, and searching prisoners.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Successful completion of Grade 12 or equivalent.
• Above average keyboarding skills.
• Computer experience (Microsoft office products) in an office environment. • Experience in a Police or EMS environment would be beneficial.
• College-level business courses would be an asset.
• First aid and CPR training is required.
• Police and Fire Dispatch certification would be an asset.
DURATION: Permanent Full-Time Position
WAGE: $32.89 per hour
HOURS OF WORK: Rotational shift work is required (24 hour operation, 12 hours shifts), includes
weekends, nights and statutory holidays.
CLOSE DATE: Monday, November 13, 2017 @ 4:30pm CLASSIFICATION: Communications Operator I
Please deliver resume and cover letter detailing why you are perfect for this job, in person between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm Monday through Friday to:
Public Safety Communications Manager, Taber Police Service 5700 50 Avenue