The PROJECT MANAGER is responsible for managing a variety of agricultural support programs including; disease and pest detection programs, On-Farm Food Safety, Environment Farm Plan, IPM and sustainability. This team member is responsible for managing the PGA Research Program by collaborating with industry and government in determining specific potato research projects. Part of the job is to gather and understand the most current technical information in the industry; the other part is to make sure the PGA
members are kept updated and informed.
• Post-Secondary Education in either Plant Science or Business Administration Management.
• A passion for learning and farm production extension is required.
• Must have above average interpersonal, written communication and verbal skills.
• Ability to access and gather technical agricultural information is essential.
• Experience with potato production is an asset.
• Travel to out of province and out of country potato events is required.
• This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
• This position is based out of Taber, Alberta.
We will consider junior candidates who can learn and grow into this job.
Compensation will commensurate with experience.
Please email your resume and covering letter in confidence with attention to:
Terence Hochstein, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please call (403) 223-2262 or
visit our website albertapotatoes.ca for a full job description.
Deadline for applications is January 31, 2017